Health, Safety & Wellbeing
Quis quam viverra nibh sem. Nunc aliquam pulvinar faucibus consequat morbi proin aliquet euismod ullamcorper. Sit fringilla.
Objective & Scope
Senior management recognizes the importance of health, safety, and wellbeing in enabling our people to be at their best and believes that the development of a positive safety culture across GTT is an essential part of the organization’s continual success.
The purpose of this policy is to encourage the ownership, commitment, and compliance at all levels of the business related to health, safety, and well-being and to provide a framework to establish and review related objectives.
The scope applies to GTT operations globally and includes all employees, sub-contractors and visitors.
While our business has relatively low risk to physical safety, we remain committed to prioritizing the health, safety and wellbeing of our employees, our customers, and the communities we serve.
GTT will, as an essential part of its business process, aim to:
- Maintain compliance with applicable health and safety laws, rules and regulations
- Provide a safe and healthy working environment for all employees, contractors, visitors, and others and to prevent work-related injury and ill health
- Eliminate hazards and reduce any health and safety risks associated with conducting our business
- Continually improve our health, safety and wellbeing performance and management system
- Actively expand wellbeing initiatives and employee wellness programs
- Promptly investigate accidents, incidents, work-related health and wellbeing issues, and near misses to determine their cause and prevent re-occurrence
- Ensure that this policy statement is communicated and maintained across all levels of the organization and is publicly available on request to external parties. GTT is also committed to consultation and participation of workers, and, where they exist, workers’ representatives
- Ensure that all employees agree, as part of their contract of employment, to comply with the individual duties placed upon them by law
It is also the duty of all GTT employees and everyone who conducts business on our behalf to:
- Exercise reasonable care for the health, safety and wellbeing of themselves and others who may be affected by their actions or omissions
- Co-operate with the organization, as far as may be necessary, to enable the organization to carry out its legal duties in respect of health and safety matters
- Conform to the policy, instructions given and safe codes of practice and to accept and carry out their responsibilities with regards to health and safety, as set out in this policy.
Workplace incidents, as well as hazardous conditions and near misses, should be reported via the Safety tab in Workday and will be investigated by the local HR representative. Injuries to customers, contractors or other third parties occurring on GTT controlled premises must be reported by all employees utilizing the Workday form on detection.
This policy will be regularly monitored to ensure that the objectives are achieved. It will be reviewed and if necessary revised to reflect legislative or organizational changes.
Roles & Responsibilities
The Health, Safety and Wellbeing Policy is under ownership of the Human Resources. The communication of changes, revisions and modification will be coordinated by Human Resources and approved by the SVP, Human Resources and ESG Steering Committee.
Any employee found to have violated this process may be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment. GTT will investigate incidents involving such violations and may involve and will cooperate with law enforcement if a criminal violation is suspected.
Breaches of this or any other corporate policy should be reported to Human Resources or Legal or contact the GTT Helpline at www.safecall.co.uk/report.
Exceptions & Approval
Any exceptions to this policy must be registered, approved by SVP, Human Resources and ESG Steering Committee and regularly reviewed.
Issued: February 2023
Additional GTT Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) Policies:
Our Gartner Rating
Talk to an Expert
Interested in learning more about GTT products & services? Please complete this short form to schedule a call with one of our sales consultants.
Thank you for your information. One of our sales consultants will be in touch with you.