Network & Hosting Engineer
Location: Nottingham, UK
Job Type: Full Time
A dynamic and innovative global IT company requires another Netowrk and Hosting engineer within its Application Services team.
GTT is an international provider of Enterprise grade communications and computing services. As owner and operator of Europe’s largest cloud services platform, GTT operates from a unique position in its ability to deliver Unified ICT services to Enterprise customers.
We are expanding our highly successful Application Services team. Working out of GTT’s Advanced Services Centre of Excellence, the team focuses on providing secure hosting and network services that meet and exceed government and certification body standards.
The team work closely with our high value customer base to deliver a wide range of services including secure hosting and networking and Microsoft application services.
As part of the Advanced Services division; Application Services is a highly rewarding and challenging team for hosting, network and application engineers.
The team culture and team ethic is very much ‘start-up’, move fast, change what needs changing fast, encourage ideas and use the good ones to move and improve.
A challenging and fulfilling modern technology role that appeals to individuals with a passion for hosting and technology.
Reporting into the Application Services Manager, network and hosting engineer will be responsible for providing technical expertise in the support of both hardware and software solutions. Primarily Cisco, Microsoft Windows, VMware, and NetApp solutions. There is also a requirement to provide support to presales on occasion.
Responisbilities/ Main Duties:
Platform Enhancements and Engineering
- Maintain and enhance customer Cisco network solutions including DMVPN.
- Maintain and enhance customer hosting environments to fulfil strict standards for complaince.
- Maintain and enhance GTT owned customer facing platforms.
- Identifying improvements and advising on best practise.
- Technical owner hosted customer environments from hardware to applications.
- Support for Sales/Presales – discuss and design projects and implement within secure platforms.
- Being part of a support team providing resolution for our client base.
- Manage 3rd party vendor support as required.
- Be part of an On Call support rota for 24/7 customer support.
- Adhere to team processes and the direction of the Application Services Manager.
- CCNP Certification with experience of DMVPN implementation and management.
- Understanding of VMWare, SRM, VUM, VMWare Storage integration and Storage Replication
- Proven experience of systems support in a 24×7 business critical environment (Production).
- Experience of deploying / managing HA virtual environment, AD, VDI etc.
- Significant troubleshooting and performance tuning skills/experience
- Be a self-motivated proactive individual who is equally comfortable in working individually or as part of a wider team.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Deliver the appropriate balance between business need, technical perfection and security standards.
- Have a can do attitude and demonstrate a passion for new technology and learning. Be adaptive to change in a dynamic working environment.
Specific Qualifications/ Experience:
- Cisco CCNP
- Cisco UCS Chassis and Blade Management
- NetApp SAN Management
- VMWare 5.5 Infrastructure
- Symantec NetBackup
- Symantec Anti Virus
- Shavlik – Patching Tool
- Citrix Xen Desktop Management / VDI
- Citrix NetScaler Management
- Windows OS / DFS / Domain / GPOs
- Windows SQL Server / Clustering
- Nexus 5K
Standard. 7.5 hours per day with 1 hour lunch break between 9am and 5:30pm.
Occassional extended hours may be required during critical incidents and platform upgrades.
As per On-call and Planned Works compensation for employees on formal register
IAM Unified Computing policy.
This role requires some on call services to be delivered from the office.
Must have own Car with commuting use
SC Clearance will be required and can be initiated by GTT